OpenPGP Card

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:19:45 CEST 2005

>> I won't agree to this because there is at least one large company in
>> Germany using Smartcards along with gpgsm.

> Well OK, so there's always exceptions, but I don't think there's enough to
drive significant
> demand for this - all the commercial users I've seen who want smart
cards/PKCS #11/whatever want
> to use it with standard commercial software and, you know, that stuff with
the 'X' and some
> digits in it :-).

I think that many enterprises are looking first for open source solutions...
If they find one that is suitable, they don't buy commercial product.
The problem is that the open source community does not always understand
which standard to support, and many, like gpg, inventing their own...

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.