Linux-gnupg and win-pgp

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Tue Sep 6 01:53:18 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2005 01:31 schrieb Lionel Elie Mamane:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 11:26:40PM +0200, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> > Im using kubuntu and so kmail with gnupg.
> > When I send an encrypted mail to win user who has pgp the encrypted mail
> > is attached.
> > 1.) Why this message is attached and pgp is not able to decrypt it?
> > I have to save it first and decrypt it then.
>
> Because you send is a PGP/MIME (RFC3156) message, which is the better
> and preferred way, but your correspondent's mail user agent (mail
> program) doesn't support PGP/MIME.
okay, most of the win users have outlook....so what....?

> > 2.) Is there a way to sent this mail so that win users have the mail in
> > the mail body and not as attachment?
>
> I dunno if KMail can do that. Look for a "old method" option or "plain
> text" option or something like that.

Cant find something like that.

> > But when I do it some german characters are not displayed!
> > 3.) What is the reason for it?
>
> Because by then the information over which charset the text was in is
> lost. This is meta-information attached to the attachment, by saving
> it you "loose" it.

hmmm... I dont understand this: when I save the message the information is
lost?! Why?
 And how can win-PGP users decrypt such messages? With a correct character set
also?
I tried a lot and search a lot but cant find a solution.

maybe somone has an idea??

tia

stefan