PGP global directory cruft in keyservers

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at excelcia.org
Tue Sep 6 11:36:12 CEST 2005

This isn't GnuPG-related really, but recently downloaded my own public
key from a keyserver and found on it about a billion of those silly PGP
global directory signatures on it.  Either someone has been downloading
my key from PGP a whole bunch and then submitting it to keyservers, or
the mainstream keyservers are syncing with PGP's global directory.

I'm wondering if this is a widespread problem.  Have other people
noticed this with their keys?

I am now very sorry I went throught that email process with PGP.  I'm
actually hoping this is a widespread problem so that keyserver operators
will start deleting those stupid signatures.  If not, I am stuck with my
key having a billion useless signatures on it.

I'm so glad there is GnuPG with no corporate agenda!!!  Thanks Werner et al.

	Kurt.