GnuPG Explorer Extension (GPGee) version 1.2.0 released

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at excelcia.org
Tue Sep 6 16:13:06 CEST 2005

Version 1.2.0 of GPGee has been released - head to the homepage at
http://gpgee.excelcia.org to download it.

New features include:
- Support for creating signatures with more than one key at once.
- Support for verifying multi-signed documents.
- Automated new version checking (this was actually added in 1.1.3 but
  that version was unannounced)
- Can automatically change the status of source files to read-only after
  they are signed.  Useful for cases where a certain type of file's
  reader (MS Excel with spreadsheets is one) changes the file when it is
  opened even if it isn't edited.  Since this would invalidate a
  signature, you can now have GPGee set the file read-only.

In addition to that, there are a few bug fixes incorporated for good
measure.

To my knowledge, GPGee is the only GUI for GnuPG that supports multi-key
 signing.  I actually got a first. :)

For those that aren't familliar with GPGee, it is a Windows shell
extension that adds GnuPG support to explorer's right-click menu.  You
can sign, sign+encrypt, encrypt, verify, and decrypt files right from
within the Windows explorer.

p.s. A very grateful thank-you goes to Werner Koch.  In addition to a
very nice compliment about GPGee's source code, he has offered hosting
for GPGee at gnupg.org.  Recently I began to experience a lot of
downloads of GPGee (up to 500/week - which is a whole lot for me) and it
was threatening to overwhelm my modest self hosting ability.

Actually, now that I think about it, it was partially his fault to begin
with.  He added a link to GPGee on the GnuPG web site's list of
frontends, and it was then that was when I started to see all the downloads.

I should mention, before people think I'm actually blaming him, that I
requested the link... Werner was simply gracious enough to say yes and
put it there.

Thanks for both the link and the hosting. :)