OpenPGP Card

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.net.pl
Wed Sep 7 13:13:02 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 08:02:56PM +0930, Alphax wrote:

> > Not true.  The OpenPGP card specification is a card application and
> > you may put as many other applications on a card as you like and the
> > EEPROM allows to.  With 6k (and even less possible) it is actually a
> > pretty small application.

> 3. Is it possible to have multiple things on a smartcard without them
> conflicting?

This is what Werner above said. An card application is a ,,partition'' on a
card that is used for one purpose. I think you can access OpenPGP card from
other computer app and use it as any other crypto smartcard, and it won't
interfere with OpenPGP stuff on it.

Alex
PS> The whole discussion made me curious; I worked with smartcards
extensively few years ago and was grossly disappointed with the stuff from
the development side, but times they are a'changin... Where can I purchase a
couple of OpenPGP cards and readers suitable for use with Debian? Preferably
within the European Union.
--
mors ab alto
0x46399138