OpenPGP Card

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:40:53 CEST 2005

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Alphax wrote:
>> The only place in the GPL where libraries are mentioned is in
>> reference to the LGPL. Using the Microsoft CryptoAPI doesn't appear
>> to be legal; AFAICT, this is similar to the reason why Enigmail
>> insists on GPG instead of being able to interface with PGP on
>> Windows systems.
>
> So you say that it is illeagal to run GPL software on windows or on
> AIX... It also make no sense... Since it is...

No, I'm saying that a GPL program (Enigmail) can't interface with a
proprietary application (PGP) but has to interface with a GPL
application (GnuPG).

I'm not sure how interfacing with such a program or library through a
pipe would affect the situation. IANAL.

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign