OpenPGP Card

Zeljko Vrba zvrba at globalnet.hr
Wed Sep 7 18:56:49 CEST 2005

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> But the work needs to be moved into gpg-agent... :(

You were referring to my PKCS#11 patch.. After studying the GPG
architecture a bit, I think this needs to be moved into the scdaemon.
gpg-agent actually does nothing with smart-cards - it uses scdaemon to
do the work.

Which is good, since the scdaemon's work is pretty simple; much simpler
than that of gpg-agent's.

The communication PROTOCOL (not API!) is publicly defined and is
UNIX-socket based. I believe that writing a BSD-licensed PKCS#11 version
of scdaemon is feasible. Then you use the 'p11-scdaemon' (let's call it
that way) instead of the gpg's and voila! You have PKCS#11 support.

Opinions?