No Debian package for 1.4.2

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.net.pl
Fri Sep 9 11:23:19 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:32:21AM +0930, Roscoe wrote:
> I imagine it's because stable is frozen. Hence only fixes will get in
> - and not new vewsions.
> (I maybe wrong on that.)
> (Naturally that only applies to stable..)
>
> Building and installing your own gnupg.deb from gnupg.org sources has
> significant merits though.
> (For those unfamilar its a three command process: dh_make,
> dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg -i)

In general you don't want packages built this way on a stable (production)
system. Even with trivial software, some hand-tweaking is always needed.

The new GPG will appear in unstable when James Troup (GPG package
maintainer) will update it. Then, to obtain sarge package download the
source package and dpkg-buildpackage it.

The kosher and kind way to notify James that new gpg is important, file a
severity=wishlist bug agains gnupg with text that you miss gnupg so much in
unstable :-).

Alex
--
mors ab alto