[Sks-devel] stripping GD sigs (was: Re: clean sigs)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Sep 12 04:28:55 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 09:27:54PM +0200, Johan Wevers wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
>
> >I have sympathy for that argument, so wouldn't it be good to trace
> >down where the sigs are entering the keyserver net, and ask whoever is
> >doing it to stop?  It seems like the obvious first step.
>
> Assuming this is possible at all. I don't know exctly what keyservers log,
> but I'd assume that making the links GD sig upload -> IP address -> email
> address is not trivial.

It wasn't an idle suggestion.  You can assume that I do, in fact, know
that this is possible, or I wouldn't have suggested it.  Why on earth
an email address is relevant here I have no idea.  You don't need
anything more than the IP address.

I made the suggestion as a challenge.  The trace is not actually going
to happen, as it is far, far more entertaining to complain and moan
about the GD than it would be to see who is bridging the signatures.

David