Migrating from PGP TO GPG

amit bhalerao abhalerao at apple.com
Tue Sep 13 23:01:14 CEST 2005

Hi ,

         We are migrating from PGP to GPG mechanism . We download
encrypted report from external vendors and decrypt them. However
external vendors are still using PGP mechanism to encrypt the file .
To explain further :-
1. We are generating a public private key on HOST system using GPG .
2. This keys are exported to external vendor system. Vendor will be
encrypting the file using PGP (not sure about compatibilty)
3. Files are then decrypted on host system using GPG mechanism.
         I am not sure whether this is feasible . If any of you have
implemented this before ,please let me know.

-Amit