Shooting Trouble :-)

chinatinte chinatinte at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 16 17:51:57 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I received an encrypted mail. Every time I tried to decrypt it, I got the following error:

gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 3a ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 2e ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 2e ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 28 ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 29 ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 2d ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 3a ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 2e ignoriert
gpg: Ungültiges "radix64" Zeichen 2e ignoriert
gpg: Prüfsummenfehler; 5ae41f - ae60e1
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=55)

I tried to find a solution in the net with no success. What I then did was: I did delete a part of the encrypted message, basically all empty lines and the following text which was after the header: "Version: PGP Desktop 9.0.2 (Build 2424) - not licensed for commercial use: www.pgp.com"

After doing so, I saved the message and was then able to decrypt it.

Don't know if this is of any significance, but maybe it helps someone who faces the same problem as I did.

Inzli