UbuntuLinux GPG Still Doesn't Work With Remailers

Peter Palfrader peter at palfrader.org
Sun Sep 25 15:58:11 CEST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Guitar Bench wrote:

> I've been trying now for almost three months and I
> still can't get the Cypherpunks remailers to accept
> messages encrypted with Ubuntu Linux/GPG v1.2.5.

I know that gpg 1.4 (and probably also 1.2 as well, tho I don't have any
systems with that anymore) work with
	gpg --textmode --cipher-algo 3DES <file> --recipient $foo --encrypt
because those are the options used by Echolot, a remailer pinger.

Also note that for forward anonymous traffic you probably shouldn't use
type I anyway.
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal