1.4.3 // proper syntax for --edit-key cross-certify ?

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Thu Apr 6 01:47:12 CEST 2006

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com  wrote on
Thu Apr 6 00:07:18 CEST 2006 :

>When I tried that, I was prompted to enter my passphrase after a
row
showing that my signing subkey was selected:

>But when I Quit, I am prompted to save changes:

hmmm,
ok,

tried this again,
same result as before,

then generated a new dh/dsa key
and a new rsa subkey

and tried it with the new key,

and it worked,
with the same result that you got,

*but*
only for new or recent keys,

the key i originally wrote in about,
is an older (but still v4) rsa key and rsa signing subkey
and i couldn't get it to cross-certify

can others try this out on any older PGP-generated keys they might
have,
and see if it works or not,

tia,

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485