Automated processes

jkaye jkaye at celerasystems.com
Thu Apr 6 23:57:01 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to GnuPG, and have been getting some help
from a kind soul.  I seem to have all the knowledge
that I need with one single, but important, exception.

When I decrypt, it asks for my passphrase.  No problem
there except for the fact that I want to have an automated
script on a unix server perform the decryption of this file.
Of course, if it needs a passphrase, it's going to hang
and I can't have that.

I know that for PGP, there's an environment setting that
can be used to prevent this.  Is there a similar thing for
GnuPG, or do I have to jump through some hoops?

Thanks,

 - Jack