[Announce] Gpg4win 1.0.0 released

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Apr 9 23:43:51 CEST 2006

Thomas Hühn wrote:
> --On Freitag, 7. April 2006 13:56 +0200 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The gpg4win project aims at updating the gpg4win Windows
>> installation package with GnuPG encryption tool, associated
>> applications and documentation on a regular basis.  Especially the
>> documentation (handbooks "Einsteiger" and "Durchblicker") are
>> directly maintained as part of the gpg4win project.
>
> Is there no current man page included or did I just overlook it?

I don't know about the win32 builds...  Building from source on linux
the man page is available and current.

> Is a current man page (including "cross-certify" etc.) available
> somewhere online?

I thought this would be what you wanted, but it's definitely not
current:

    http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manpage.en.html

It's linked from the main documentation page.

FWIW, here are the sections on cross-certify from the 1.4.3 manual:

    --edit-key name
            Present a menu which enables you to do all key related tasks:
            [...]
            cross-certify
                    Add cross-certification signatures to signing
                    subkeys that may not  currently have them.
                    Cross-certification signatures protect against a
                    subtle attack against signing subkeys.  See
                    --require-cross-certification.
    [...]
    --require-cross-certification

    --no-require-certification
            When verifying a signature made from a subkey, ensure that
            the cross certification "back signature" on the subkey is
            present and valid.  This protects against a subtle attack
            against subkeys that can sign.   Currently  defaults  to
            --no-require- cross-certification,  but  will be changed
            to --require-cross-certification in the future.

- --
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having
lots to do and not doing it.
    -- Mary Wilson Little