[gpgol] Swedish characters are mangled or disappear...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 1 22:59:22 CEST 2006

I have now discovered a new problem with the OL plug-in...
It seems to not handle umlauted characters in the mail body very well.

I installed GPGOL from gpg4win-1.0.4 and I also have (on my laptop)
installed gpg4win-1.0.4 plus the enigmail plugin to Thunderbird.

Now for my tests concerning Swedish characters:

1. Written as html mail in Outlook2003
- When received by myself the åäöÅÄÖ characters display just fine.
- When received by another person with basically the same setup but
with the Windows locale set to US-English the Swedish characters are
replaced with jumbled characters (2 or 3, I don't recall).

2. Written as plaintext in Thunderbird
- When received in Thunderbird all looks good.
- When received with my own Outlook 2003 the Swedish characters are
simply gone (disappeared)
- I have no response from the US person yet....

Bo Berglund

More information about the Gnupg-users mailing list