Don't store your key on a flash drive! [was Re: GnuPG (GPG) Problem]

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Aug 21 14:59:50 CEST 2006

Alphax wrote:
> I don't use a flash drive or a smartcard, for the following reasons:

... and in a follow-up to my own follow-up, apparently Rainbow got
bought out by SafeNet.  The iKey is still available and the specs
haven't changed from the last I used them some years ago.  They're handy
little devices.  Any possibility of supporting this from GnuPG?  If so,
it might be a good compromise between smartcard and flash-based solutions.

Of course, it still only supports RSA/1024.  Sigh.