GnuPG (GPG) Problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 22 07:21:22 CEST 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:50:05 +0200, "Henk M. de Bruijn"
<henkdebruijn at wanadoo.nl> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:40:45 +0200GMT (20-8-2006, 9:40 +0200, where I
>live), Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>...<snipped>
>
>> I wonder about the gpg.conf file:
>> Is it used at all in Windows?
>> I looked at my own one at "C:\Documents and
>> Settings\<username>\Application Data\gnupg" and found only commented
>> out lines there. The word keyring appeared only twice and this was in
>> descriptive text, not in a setting.
>
>> So how does one do this on Windows????
>
>Mine is in my gnupg home directory c:\program files\gnupg and works like a
>charm.

As I said, on my installation there is nothing in the isntall dir for
GnuPG only in my home (which on Windows translates to C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>) it is located in a subdir \Application Data\gnupg
and mine is completely empty of any active lines. Seems like it is not
in use at all (because if it were every line should not be commented
out). Maybe the Windows version stores all of this in the Registry?

This forum tends to treat everything from a Linux perspective, which
is fine except for us who use Windows where Linux tricks seem not to
work...

I was just hooking on to this discussion in order to find out how one
can control *where* GnuPG will look for the keyrings....
the conf file apparently is not the answer.

Bo Berglund