Expectk and echo from GnuPG ---edit-key Command>

alain bertrand alain.mp.bertrand at tele2.be
Wed Dec 6 15:09:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm scripting a Tcl/Tk frontend using Expect extension. It's all right up to GnuPG 1.4.2.
With GnuPG 1.4.5, the spawned process from tcl script (spawn gpg --no-use-agent --edit-key 0x12345678) echoes back character by character everything is sent to gpg.
So my tcl script receive back a mix of data from and to gpg.
Tcl sends delsig
It received:
Command> d
Command> de
Command> del
Command> dels
Command> delsi
Command> delsig
Command>
and not "Command> " prompt only.
Why is 1.4.5  behaviour different from 1.4.2 ?
Is it possible to avoid this echoing precluding use of Expect for key edition ?

I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks for your help.
Alain.