Why are signatures marked as bad?

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Fri Dec 22 07:44:52 CET 2006

I'm using the KGpg that comes with Suse 10.1. I use the KDE desktop and hence
Kmail to send my email.

When I sign a message with my personal key, when it leaves my outbox the
message is marked by a green banner saying "Message was signed by
bob at rsmits.ca (Key ID: 0xA3DF27D8336EF8A7).
The signature is valid and the key is ultimately trusted."

If I send it to myself, the messages comes back with a red banner saying
"Message was signed by bob at rsmits.ca (Key ID: 0xA3DF27D8336EF8A7).
Warning: The signature is bad."

The signature itself is not outdated, so why is this happening?

Thanks, Bob.

--
Bob Smits Ladysmith BC Phone 250-245-2553 Fax 250-245-5531 Email bob at rsmits.ca