Signature notations?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Dec 29 02:28:14 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 03:22:55PM -0600, Luke Powell wrote:
> I recently had to revoke a uid and when I did I was asked to give a
> short notation about why I was revoking it. I'm curious as to how one
> views those notations. I tried using the following command:
>
> gpg --list-sigs --list-options\
> show-unusable-uids,show-notations,show-sig-subpackets 7b4abdb3
>
> but I didn't have any luck. Does anybody know if those notations are
> stored, and if so, how they can be read out?

They're not notations, so the various methods of showing notations
won't help you.  The revocation reason is stored within the revocation
signature, and is shown when a signature made by the revoked key or
subkey is verified, or when decrypting a message encrypted to the
revoked key or subkey.

David