sporatic decryption issue

Elliot Nathanson enathanson at cccis.com
Thu Feb 16 21:27:00 CET 2006

All:

I'm having a really frustrating problem, whereby I'm encrypting
files for a client and they are *occasionally* unable to decrypt
a file. The failure rate could be about 1/100; one e-mail said
they processed 400 transactions without a problem.

The process goes like this. We sign and encrypt the files via
gpg and send them to an FTPS server. The client fetches the
data from the FTPS server and decrypts them. I am using GPG
v1.0.7 on Solaris 8.  The client is using WSFTPPRO on Windows;
I'm not sure what version. I tried the both default encryption
as well as the OpenPGP flag; both produce sporatic decryption
issues.

Some of the errors the client has reported include: Unknown OpenPGP
packet (xx) and Invalid Signature.

Of course we are having difficulty reproducing the problem and
the client is having problems trying to decrypt the files via
GPG.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Elliot
--

Elliot Nathanson
CCC Information Services, Inc.
enathanson at cccis.com

"Guilt like garlic needs to sautee with cream, butter,
and wine. I could eat your words." - Patricia Barber