Finally: Login via SSH authentication with OpenPGP smart card & 100% Free Software PCMCIA reader

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 17 20:28:55 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:32:12 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev said:

> I know you have a licensing problem... I've been in touch

No I don't have a licensing problem.  What I am saying is that
pcksc#11 is not needed in the Free Software world.  If you want to
enable OpenPGP card support for Mozilla it may be worth writing a
small pkcs#11 thingie using gpg-agent/scdaemon as backend.

> I've written the PKCS#11 support for OpenVPN and OpenSSH, I
> will gladly add this support to gpg as well... This of
> course depends on your decision.

I am using OpenSSH with smartcards for quite some time now.  For
Belgian people it is even possible to use their id card's key as an
ssh key without much trouble.  Other cards may be used as well.

If you want an alternative support for OpenVPN, just add it - it is
just a matter of talking to gpg-agent.  You may even script this using
gpg-connect-agent.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner