OpenLDAP schema to store OpenPGP keys?

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Sat Feb 18 17:37:52 CET 2006

Hi!

Quoting from the GnuPG-1.4.0 announcement:
"The LDAP keyserver helper now supports storing, retrieving, and
searching for keys in both the old NAI "LDAP keyserver" as well as the
more recent method to store OpenPGP keys in standard LDAP servers."

Now, I'd like to setup an OpenLDAP server to store the OpenPGP keys (for
use with GnuPG). Please note that I already have a working OpenLDAP
server, so I'd only need to add schema, acls and keys, of course.

Btw, can GnuPG also store secret keys in the keyserver?

However, I was unable to find any schema definiton...
Extracting it from gpgkeys_ldap.c would be quite tedious, since
you only get the attribute names but no Syntax, what to index, etc.

Don't the GnuPG developers have an OpenLDAP server running to test
the functionality of the announcement above? If so, why is the used
schema not documented anywhere?

Searching the mailing-list only turned up posts from 2003/2004, like:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gnupg-devel&m=104899753523804&w=2
Unfortunately PGP support (www.pgpsupport.com) seems to be closed to
licensed customers of PGP Corp.

Finally, maybe this question is better suited for the gnupg-devel list.
If so, please tell me!

Regards, Walter