cURL keyserver handlers broken

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Feb 19 06:52:50 CET 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 04:09:32PM +1030, Alphax wrote:
> Under GPG 1.4.3rc1 I'm completely unable to get the cURL-type keyserver
> handlers to function correctly. For example, using the following command:
>
> gpg --no-options --keyserver sks.keyserver.penguin.de --search Alphax
>
> I get the error:
>
> ?: localhost: Unable to connect: ec=0
> gpgkeys: HTTP search error 7: couldn't connect: No error

Keep in mind 1.4.3rc1 is a development version and hasn't been
released yet.  gnupg-devel would be a more appropriate place.

That said, please run with:

  --debug 1024 --keyserver-options keep-temp-files

added to your command line, and post the results as well as the
contents of your tempin.txt file (the location of the tempin.txt file
may vary on different systems, but will be shown in the debug
output).  It looks like you're not talking to sks.keyserver.penguin.de
at all.

David