Necessity of GPG when using SSL

Dany dany_list at natzo.com
Wed Feb 22 21:26:34 CET 2006

Hello,

I switched few years ago to fastmail.fm for several reasons :

- https + advanced protections when accessing from public terminal
(including url pseudo-scrambling)
- IMAP with SSL
- Text and only text for the webmail interface (no pop-up ad and no
graphics), just plain speed
- WebDAV (I don't use it)
- IMAP access on non-standard port like 80 and 443  so you can go
through some difficult firewalls

I usually don't promote commercial products but as they offer a free
plan as well I thought it might help some people.

Dany

PS: before writting this email I quickly started Ethereal and used the
webmail in order to check that the connection was SSL protected even
after login.