Howto setup an OpenLDAP PGP keyserver

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Fri Feb 24 11:40:32 CET 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, David Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 05:01:08PM +0100, Walter Haidinger wrote:
>
> Thanks for writing this up!  I will certainly be pointing people to
> this when they ask inthe future.

Hopefully the setup of an LDAP PGP keyserver will be officially
documented sometime. If this provides a start, I'm glad to have
contributed.

> One comment:
>
> > Further notes:
> > * GnuPG looks for PGPServerInfo under the base DN.
> >   If you decide to put it somewhere else, use keyserver-option
> >   basedn to specify the new location, e.g.:
> >   keyserver-options "basedn=\"cn=PGPServerInfo,ou=PGP Info,dc=MYDOM\""
>
> This isn't quite correct.  GnuPG looks for PGPServerInfo under each
> namingContext in order until it finds one.  It is perfectly fine not
> to have PGPServerInfo under the base DN.  PGP as well as PGP Universal
> does this the same way.

True, I have to admit that I forgot to add this when I finished the
howto after everything worked. You did mention it a in recent reply.

Actually quite useful when using a seperate database for PGP in slapd.conf.

Walter