GPGOL breaks Enigmail

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 12:38:22 CET 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 8:35 pm, Bob Henson wrote:
> I decided to try GPGOL for the few occasions that I use Outlook.
> Unfortunately, since installing it, Enigmail's Key Management shows an
> empty screen and I cannot use GnuPG via Enigmail at all. How do I get out
> of this, please? In desperation I removed all the programs and registry
> entries that I could find relating to GPGOL, but it hasn't helped.

Check that your own keys are still set to ultimate trust, then run
$ gpg --update-trustdb
(It should find and re-import the old trust settings once your own key(s)
is/are ultimately trusted again).

I had this problem once or twice with Kgpg - the key management GUI front-end
for KDE - when I upgraded to KDE 3.5. It shouldn't happen but ....

--

Neil Williams