How to verify the file was successfully encrypted...

Benny Helms benny at egovmt.com
Wed Jul 12 18:59:52 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 12:25 +0200, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 01:38:23PM -0600, Benny Helms wrote:
<snip>
> What is your actual threat model here?
>
> The simplest answer is to check gpg's rc after the encryption run.

Before deleting original file, I must make certain encrypted version is
in good shape so I can open it at a later date and obtain data.  If it
is broken, I'm in deep monkey muffins.  That's the threat model.

Can you please explain what you mean by "check the gpg's rc after the
encryption run?"  I'm unfamilar with the meaning of "rc" in this case.

Thanks!

Benny