Good and bad signature...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jul 15 10:34:32 CEST 2006

On Saturday 15 July 2006 08:42, Laurent Jumet wrote:
> Hello !
>
>     Does somebody has an explanation about this fact:
>
>     Checking a ClearSign signature inside my mailer answers "Bad".
>     Copying that message inside the clipboard and checking it,
> answers "Good".
>
>     May be this could happen with this message.

The signature of your message is valid (according to KMail). Which mail
application are you using? And which mail application was used to
create the clearsigned messages?

If you can show us an example message (it's best to zip it in order to
protect it from being changed during transport) then it would be much
easier to answer. One possible explanation is a problem with the
interpretation of 8bit character, e.g. french accented characters.
Another possible explanation could be different treatment of trailing
white space.

Regards,
Ingo