Good and bad signature...

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 18:51:39 CEST 2006

Laurent Jumet wrote:

> Hello !
>
>     Does somebody has an explanation about this fact:
>
>     Checking a ClearSign signature inside my mailer answers "Bad".
>     Copying that message inside the clipboard and checking it, answers "Good".
>
>     May be this could happen with this message.

Your signature verified fine here.

I had this exact same trouble with the Pan news reader. Never really
explored the causes in any detail, but I did notice the same article
displayed in Pan and another news client were word wrapped differently.

I assumed that GnuPG/PGP operations were performed on a temporary copy
of the original, either generated from the display or using some
"clipboard" facility, and discarded Pan as a client that messes around
with message text the same way it messes around with the display of
message headers. :-(

--
Hand crafted on 15 July, 2006 at 12:39:42 EDT

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
                                  -Groucho Marx