[lists] gpg 1.4.4 build error on Ubuntu

Graham gct3 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 18:26:14 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 1:39 pm, Ludwig Hügelschäfer wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> I'm trying to compile gpg 1.4.4 on ubuntu-Linux 5.1

Just a thought.  Have you installed build-essential?

Ubuntu doesn't install many tools to compile from source code with the
base install, so you have to do that yourself.  You might trying to
change your sources.list to the dapper repositories, and then doing:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Which will upgrade your distro to Ubuntu 6.06 and then other tools will
be available to you.  The version I believe that is in the dapper
repositories is gnupg 1.4.2, which may be sufficient for your needs.

But if you want to compile from scratch you will still have to install
build-essential....

This is one of the reasons I am using MEPIS 6.0.  It uses the dapper
repositories but it installs much more easily and has facilities to
compile source from the base install.  Its default desktop is KDE, but
you can easily change that if you're a Gnome user
--

Graham