Driving licence as identification and accepting signed keys without exchanging encrypted data

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Tue Jul 25 08:29:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Tony Whitmore wrote:

> I'm still working on getting my card reader to work, but in the
> meantime, I have a couple of questions regarding key-signing ettiquette
> following a session at LUG Radio Live last weekend. I hope the questions
> are not OT, I've checked the HOWTOs & FAQs, but there's some ambiguity
> in them.
>
> First: Is a photo driving licence considered adequate identification?
> I'm in the UK so we have UK / EU photo driving licences. I have
> previously only used passports as ID, but some people were presenting
> driving licences instead.
================

no matter what anyone tells you is or isn't adequate, you have to decide
for yourself. this may help you figure it out -
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/121645/49/

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy.
 	 If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem.
 	 But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to
 	 improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This
 	 makes it hard to plan the day."
 		-- E.B. White