Generating a new secret key on windows with gnupg 1.4.3

Jee Kay jeekay+gnupg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 18:37:35 CEST 2006

Whenever I try to generate a new secret key on Windows with gnupg
1.4.3, I get the following output immediately following the second
request for my passphrase:

gpg: NOTE: you should run 'diskperf -y' to enable the disk statistics

A few seconds after that, a Windows error box pops up with this message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: z:\gnupg\gpg.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

Has anyone seen anything like this or know where to start debugging
it? I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have
HKLU\Software\GNU\gpgProgram set to z:\gnupg\gnupg.exe and HomeDir is
set to z:\gnupg.

Please keep me in CC on any replies as I am not subscribed.

Thanks in advance,
Ras