Startup problem with WinPT (missing keys after couple of weeks).

Kim Haverblad kim at haverblad.se
Thu Jun 22 10:10:57 CEST 2006

No for while and usually on a system (running Win XP Pro SP2) that has
been in use for couple of weeks WinPT suddenly starts up and claims
following "The keycache was not initialized or is empty. Please check
your PGP config (keyrings, pathes...) and I'm then asked to identify and
locate the keyrings. So when checking the directory where the keyring is
located I found that the pubring.gpg has been copied to pubring.bak and
pubring.gpg is now empty?! What went wrong here?