Corrupt file issue?

jkaye jkaye at celerasystems.com
Tue Jun 27 18:02:16 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I've had some success solving problems here before thanks to the
kindness of many of you and thought I would give this another try.

We've got an intermittent issue (about once a week) where a daily
process that generates a text file, encrypts it and transfers it by
FTP will sometimes create a file that the recipient cannot decrypt.
If I run the process again, it will produce an encrypted file which
is a few bytes smaller than the original file.  This new file can
be decrypted by the recipient without a problem.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

Here's the command I use to perform the (signed) encryption:

gpg -r <key> -e <filename>

Thanks,

- Jack

Jack Kaye