Rijndael usage

David Gray david.gray at turpin-distribution.com
Tue May 9 16:55:15 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Wonder if anyone could give advice on using GnuPG to decrypt
Files encoded with the Rijndael cipher.

One of our customers is using a software house to build a website that
will send encrypted order files to us (the distributor of their stock).  The
files
Are basically CSV format data files.

I've received an email from them containing two symmetric keys for testing
purposes.  These do not look like any I've seen before...

key: "ABCDE%^$ABCDE-99" and
iv: "ABCDE$*@ABCDE-99"

(Values changed for email)

I've used GnuPG and PGP in the past and keys have always distributed as text
files
In the format below

Which can be imported into the local keyring and then used from there.

I've asked for an example of how the software house use these keys
internally but
The example they gave is in C# which I don't know.

I'm going to do the decryption on OpenVMS but could certainly translate a
unix style
command line example if anyone could post.

Thanks in advance
David.