Getting KMail to let me encrypt to an unsigned key?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 16 12:47:30 CEST 2006

Adam Funk <a24061 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm not sure what you mean.  Thunderbird (for example) lets the user
> designate unsigned keys for recipients in the address book and encrypt
> to them.

It is up to the MUA on how to handle this.  The generic solution is to
use a local-key signature.

> Thanks.  Will it be possible later either to un-lsign the key or to
> sign it properly (for export)?

Given that it is a local signature you may simply delete it.  Changing
this to an exportable signature is possible simply by "sign"ing it.
gpg will warn you then:

  Do you want to promote it to a full exportable signature? (y/N)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner