Fedora Core 5 and SCR335

Andreas Martin ama at inmedias.it
Fri May 19 10:51:43 CEST 2006

Hi Werner.

Thanks for your answer.

Werner Koch schrieb:
> Andreas Martin <ama at inmedias.it> writes:
>
>> # ls -l /proc/bus/usb/001
>> -rw-rw---- 1 root scard 111 18. Mai 13:32 005
>
> Check with fuser or lsof that no other process is using this file.

fuser an lsof don't tell anything about other processes using this file.

> Try something like
>  echo XXXXXXXXX >/proc/bus/usb/0001 && hd /proc/bus/usb/0001
> to see whether you can write and read at all to the device.

Writing with echo to the device returns an error (for both, "andi" and
"root"):
# echo XXXXXXXX >/proc/bus/usb/002/003
bash: echo: write error: Das Argument ist ungültig

But redirecting less works fine (for both users):
# less gnupg-ccid >/proc/bus/usb/002/003
#

> Are you using 1.4.3?

I tried v1.4.3 that comes with Fedora Core 5 and I downloaded v1.4.3 and
v1.4.2 from gnupg.org compiled an installed it (libusb and libusb-devel
are installed). I even tried --enable-selinux-support with configure,
enabled and disabled SElinux, but nothing happened :-(

The other way round: Does anybody know, that the combination of Fedora
Core 5, SCM SCR335 USB and GnuPG is working? Changing the distribution
would be an alternative...

Kind regards

Andreas