Fedora Core 5 and SCR335

ama at inmedias.it ama at inmedias.it
Sat May 20 16:37:47 CEST 2006

Hi Michael.

> On 2006-05-18 14:28:35 +0200, Andreas Martin wrote:
>> In my opinion, the permissions in /proc/bus/usb/001/005 (or wherever the
>> cardreader comes up) are set correctly:
>>
>> # ls -l /proc/bus/usb/001
>> -rw-rw---- 1 root scard 111 18. Mai 13:32 005
>
> [...]
>> So I think it is a permission issue, but I can't figure out where.
>> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> I don't know if this also applies to FC5 but in Debian (and Ubuntu)
> libusb (recent versions) checks /dev/bus/usb before /proc/bus/usb. To
> get my card reader usable as an user I had to change the permissions in
> /dev/bus/usb.

You hit the mark! When I change the permissions in /dev/bus/usb/001/005,
GnuPG works fine with my cardreader - even as normal user.

Do you have incidentally gnupg-ccid.rules and/or gnupg-ccid scripts which
do the job? The ones I have change the permissions in /proc/bus/usb

Thanks a lot for your tip (I googled some days and found nothing
appropriate).

Andreas