preferred compression types with multiple recipients

Jonathan Wellons daswellons at gmail.com
Wed May 24 07:09:35 CEST 2006

Good day everyone,

How does gpg reconcile conflicting preferred compression types?  I've
switched mine to bzip2 to save space, but it occurs to me that it may
not be of much effect until a significant number of other people I
communicate with also switch from zlib.

My understanding of encrypted mail to multiple recipients is that
	* a session key is generated
	* the message is encrypted symmetrically with the session key
	* the session key is encrypted asymmetrically with each recipient's
public key.

It seems that a message is only compressed once.

Thanks,
Jonathan