deleting signatures from uids

Qed qed at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 2 13:52:27 CET 2006

On 10/31/2006 02:58 PM, Stijn Hoop wrote:
[..snip..]
> In a way I can see why; removing signatures from uids seems like it
> should require a passphrase, however it doesn't work that way. I've
> also read that it's nearly impossible to remove a key from the
> keyservers, however that's also not what I want to do, just update it.
>
> Am I running into a limitation of the public key server
> architecture? If so I guess I'll have to live with the crufty
> signatures, but if not, what am I doing wrong?
This is not a limitation, it'a a feature :-) and this is also the reason
why you should not play with PGP on keyservers, the result will be often
another abandoned key.
--

  Q.E.D.
War is Peace

ICQ UIN: 301825501
OpenPGP key ID: 0x58D14EB3
Key fingerprint: 00B9 3E17 630F F2A7 FF96  DA6B AEE0 EC27 58D1 4EB3
Check fingerprints before trusting a key!