Question abut use of --cipher-algo AES & --openpgp

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 7 17:38:46 CET 2006

On Tue,  7 Nov 2006 17:04, hhhobbit at securemecca.net said:

> First, please remember that we are talking about only symmetrically
> enciphered files without email etc.  Just encrypting a file on the

This doesn't matter.  There are still several ways such a file may
look.  It might work for you today but it my produce the wrong result
with the next update or with another OpenPGP implementation.  A script
to detect the cipher algoritm needs to implement the standard and not
merely use some heuristic.  That is for what standards are.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner