Get signatures from a keyring file

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Tue Nov 14 13:53:16 CET 2006

Yiannis Pefkianakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My question is how I can export the signatures from the keyring file.
> The answer I am looking for, is not the command "check" because I
> want to extract the actual signature.
> I had an idea to convert the keyring to ascii and parse it, but i
> don't know the format of file so I cannot do it.

A keyring is (at present) just a collection of packets. You may find definitions
of the packet structure in RFC 2440. Latest draft is at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-17.txt

You could also use the output of 'gpg --list-keys --with-colons'. An explanation
of its output format is in the documentation that comes with the source.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10