OpenPGP Card implementation

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.net.pl
Wed Nov 15 12:13:32 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 05:49:00PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:06, johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl said:
>
> > Is it very hard to design such a card from scratch, and very expensive
> > to have it produced as custom hardware? I'm sure there are enough
> > chip-producing companies in China who don't give a damn about western
> > lawyers.
>
> Good for people in China, but here they will go after you as soon as
> you sell them.  Recall that we are not yet ready to FTP hardware.

Ehm

Do you mean that if I did get some VC funding for design of open
crypto smartcard targeted for OpenPGP use and then published it (as a
part of the business plan) I would get sued?

For exactly what?
JID: alex at hell.pl
PGP: 0x46399138
od zwracania uwagi na detale są lekarze, adwokaci, programiści i zegarmistrze
 -- Czerski