Build problem with gpg2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 15 16:48:25 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:50, johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl said:

> /usr/lib/libpthread.so
> /usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a
> /usr/lib/libpthread.a
> /lib/libpthread-0.10.so
> /lib/libpthread.so.0

PTH is is usually in a library named libpth.so.  Debian started to
distribute the libpthread emulation which comes with pth - this leads
to major problems.

You need to have the header files as well as the libassuan-config and
so on.

Check the config.log for details.

> Is this version new enough? It comes with Slackware Linux 10.0.
> If so, how do I build libassuan with Pth support? It doesn't
> say much in the docs. I see a --with-pth-prefix option, but that

If you want to use your versions you need to make sure that
/usr/local/bin comes prior to /usr/bin in your $PATH.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner