Problem compiling libgpg-error-1.4 with Mac OS X

gabriel rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Fri Nov 17 00:49:39 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 10:42:12PM +0100, Simon Ruderich wrote:
> I'm trying to compile GnuPG 2.0 with Mac OS X. But I'm already
> failing with compiling libgpg-error-1.4.
> ./configure works but when I run make the following error is
> displayed and make fails:

Have you looked at the darwinports localization for GnuPG?

My rather-outdated tree expects gnupg 1.4.1, but I note that its
Portfile includes this bit:

configure.args  --mandir=${prefix}/share/man    \
[...]
    --with-libintl-prefix=${prefix}   \
[...]

Perhaps you're hitting a libintl provided by Apple, which perhaps
doesn't behave as expected, even if configure thinks it's okay?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net