Problem compiling libgpg-error-1.4 with Mac OS X

Joseph Oreste Bruni brunij at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 23:58:39 CET 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:42, simon at ruderich.com said:
>
>> failing with compiling libgpg-error-1.4.
>> ./configure works but when I run make the following error is
>> displayed and make fails:
>
> Sorry, I have no experience with MAx OS X and its fat binaries.
> Without a testing box at hand it is hadr to guess the problem.
>
> Given that Mac OS X is a Unix system we will add patches if required.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

Building a universal binary is as easy as specifying "-arch ppc -arch
i386" to both the compile and link phases. GCC takes care of the
rest. If the -arch is not specified, it will default to building only
for the architecture of the host.

For most packages configured by autoconf, I simply define the CFLAGS
and LDFLAGS variables with the above values.

Joe