Smart Card Use with GnuPG

Adam Gould adam at e-ignite.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 11:44:55 CET 2006

Hi all,

I was looking into Smart Cards for use with GnuPG email encryption (I'm
running Windows XP with Thunderbird and Enigmail) and found that the
OpenPGP Smart Card from g10code only supports 1024 bit RSA keys.  I'm
aware that there are some Smart Cards available (not OpenPGP branded)
that support 2048 bit RSA - would these work with GnuPG?  If so, what
type of card would I require to use?  If I did get a non-OpenPGP Smart
Card, would I require some additional software to enable me to transfer
existing keys to the card?

Thanks for any advice,

Adam

--