Smart Card Use with GnuPG

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 22:18:23 CET 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 17:07, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> Adam Gould wrote:
> > I was looking into Smart Cards for use with GnuPG email
> > encryption (I'm running Windows XP with Thunderbird and Enigmail)
> > and found that the OpenPGP Smart Card from g10code only supports
> > 1024 bit RSA keys.
>
> The gnupg-pkcs11[1] patches /may/ do what you want; it enables the
> use of PKCS#11 tokens with gnupg.  But I haven't haven't had chance
> to look into it in detail yet.

The gnupg-pkcs11 is a standalone scdaemon and not patch, but it works
only with gpgsm, so it won't solve the problem.

I've tried to make it work with gpg, but I had no success... It seems
that it looks for specific card type? I didn't invest a lot of time
in this, and we did not want to patch gpg code.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.